Baked celery root with gorgonzola
- 1 lb 450 g celery root
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 3 oz. 75 g mushrooms, chopped
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp butter
- 2 oz. 50 g hazelnuts
- 1 1 red onion, slicedred onions, sliced
- 3 oz. 75 g baby spinach
- 5 oz. 150 g blue cheese or gorgonzola cheese or roquefort cheese, at room temperature
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Wash the celery root. You don’t need to peel it. Cut away the roots and slice into ½-inch slices.
- Place on a baking sheet with parchment paper. Brush olive oil on both sides and sprinkle a generous amount of sea salt on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes, or until the celery root has turned golden brown and soft.
- Meanwhile, sauté mushrooms in butter until golden and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Roast the nuts quickly in a dry, hot frying pan, until fragrant. Let them cool slightly, and chop them coarsely.
- Mix red onions, spinach, mushrooms and hazelnuts in a bowl.
- When the root celery is ready, place on plates and add the salad on top. Serve with blue cheese and a few drops of olive oil.
Go nuts! Try adding sliced almonds, or chopped pecans and cashews. Or even some of your favorite seeds. Lightly sautéed kale or chard also makes a delicious alternative to spinach.