The most classic of all savory pies! An authentic quiche is of French descent with a few, well-chosen ingredients making up the filling – cheese, eggs – and of course, bacon!
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g butter
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g smoked pork belly or bacon or pancetta
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup 240 ml heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz. 225 g shredded cheese
- 5 5 eggeggs
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C). Mix all ingredients to the pie crust in a food processor into a firm dough.
- Spread out the dough with well-oiled hands or a spatula in a springform. Place parchment paper between the ring and the bottom to make it easier to losen the baked pie.
- Let sit in the refrigerator while you prepare the filling.
- Chop the onion finely and dice the bacon. Fry in butter until onion and bacon has turned a nice color. Add spices and stir. Add to the pie crust.
- Whisk together remaining ingredients and pour on top.
- Bake on middle rack for 45 minutes or until the pie has turned a nice color. Probe with a knife to make sure the egg mixture is solid if you are unsure.