Breakfast made easy. Cook up this keto casserole on Sunday and you're all set for breakfast for the coming week. Easy, protein packed, and durable enough to eat on-the-go. Did we mention bacon (and mushrooms)?
- 6 oz. 175 g mushrooms
- 10 oz. 275 g bacon
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 5 oz. 150 g shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Trim the mushrooms and cut them in quarters. Dice the bacon.
- Fry the bacon and mushrooms in butter in a skillet over medium high heat until golden brown. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place contents the of the skillet in a greased baking dish.
- Add remaining ingredients to a medium-sized bowl and whisk to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the bacon and mushrooms and bake in the oven for 30-40 minutes or until golden brown on top and set in the middle. Cover with a piece of aluminum foil if the top of the casserole is at risk of burning before it's cooked through.
For a little color, feel free to add spinach or other greens to the skillet with the bacon and mushroom mixture in step 3, toward the end when almost finished cooking. Sauté for just a minute or two and proceed with the recipe.