Keto avocado eggs with bacon sails
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Spread the bacon strips on the baking sheet and set them aside.
- Place the eggs in a saucepan and fill with cold water, at least 1" (2.5 cm) higher than the eggs. Cover, and bring to a light boil over high heat. Once boiling, remove the pan from the burner and let the eggs rest in the covered pan for 15 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, place the eggs in a bowl of ice-cold water for 5-10 minutes, or place in a colander and run under cold water until completely cooled. Peel, and set aside.
- Place the baking sheet on the middle oven rack and cook the bacon for 10-20 minutes (time varies depending upon the thickness), or until crispy. Drain the bacon on paper towels and when cool, cut into triangles, to form the sails.
- Slice the eggs lengthwise and scoop out the yolks. Place the yolks, avocado, and olive oil in a small bowl. Mash together with a fork until combined. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- To assemble, generously spoon or pipe the avocado yolk mixture into the egg whites, and set the bacon sails in the center of the mixture. Enjoy!