Asparagus, egg and bacon salad
- 1 lb 450 g green asparagus, ends trimmed
- 3 oz. 75 g bacon, cooked crisp and chopped
- 2 2 large, hard-boiled egg, peeled and halvedlarge, hard-boiled eggs, peeled and halved
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp bacon fat
- 1 1 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 pinch 1 pinch sea salt
- 1 pinch 1 pinch red chili flakes
- Cut the trimmed asparagus into 1 to 2-inch (3-5 cm) segments.
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil. Once the water has come to a rolling boil, drop the asparagus in and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Using a slotted spoon, remove the asparagus from the boiling water and transfer to an ice bath to stop the cooking process and lock in the color.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, mustard, bacon fat, garlic, salt and pepper flakes. Whisk to combine.
- Plate the asparagus in a large serving dish. Sprinkle the bacon over top and arrange the hard-boiled eggs. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Serve any remaining vinaigrette on the side.