- 3 lbs 1.4 kg lamb roastlamb roasts
- salt and pepper
- 4¼ oz. 120 g cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml fresh parsley or fresh thyme or fresh rosemary or fresh basil or fresh oregano
- 3 – 4 3 – 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ ½ lemon, the zest
- 3¼ oz. 90 g butter
- cooking string
- 2⁄3 lb 300 g jerusalem artichokejerusalem artichokes
- 2 lbs 900 g broccoli
- 4¼ oz. 120 g butter
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
Nutrition59% Fat31% Protein8% Carbs
- Bring the roast to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Place the lamb roast skin down on a big cutting board. Salt and pepper the inside.
- Spread the cream cheese with a bowl scraper.
- Place the fresh herbs, garlic and the lemon zest on top.
- Roll up the roast and tie together with cooking string.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Place the roast in a buttered baking dish. Insert an oven thermometer into the thickest part of the roast. The roasting will take about 1–1.5 hrs, depending on its weight. Make the broccoli purée while the lamb is roasting, you’ll find the instructions below.
- Remove from the oven when the temperature has reached 140°F (60°C).
- Let sit for 10 minutes under aluminum foil and then cut thin slices with a sharp knife. Save the juices for serving.
- While the lamb is roasting, make the purée. Peel the jerusalem artichokes and dice or slice them into small pieces. Boil the pieces in lightly salted water for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop the broccoli, including the stem, coarsley. When a few minutes of the cooking time for the artichokes remain, add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook for a few minutes more.
- Drain the water from the pot and add the butter, salt and pepper. Mix the purée using an immersion blender and serve with the roast.