Low-carb lamb roast with broccoli purée
- 50 oz. 1.4 kg lamb roastlamb roasts
- salt and pepper
- 4¼ oz. 120 g cream cheese
- ½ cup 120 ml fresh parsley or fresh thyme or fresh rosemary or fresh basil or fresh oregano
- 4 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ½ ½ lemon, the zest
- 3 oz. 90 g butter
- Special equipment: cooking string
- 10 oz. 300 g jerusalem artichokejerusalem artichokes
- 30 oz. 900 g broccoli
- 4¼ oz. 120 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp kosher or ground sea salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Bring the roast to room temperature. Preheat the oven to 320°F (160°C).
- Place the lamb roast skin down on a big cutting board. Salt and pepper the inside.
- Spread the cream cheese with a bowl scraper.
- Place the fresh herbs, garlic and the lemon zest on top.
- Roll up the roast and tie together with cooking string.
- Salt and pepper generously.
- Place the roast in a buttered baking dish. Insert an oven thermometer into the thickest part of the roast. Bake for about 1–1.5 hours, or until the temperature has reached 140°F (60°C).
- Remove from the oven when the temperature has reached 140°F (60°C).
- Let sit for 10 minutes under aluminum foil and then cut thin slices with a sharp knife. Save the juices for serving.
- While the lamb is roasting, make the purée. Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and dice or slice them into small pieces. Boil the pieces in lightly salted water for 5-10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, rinse and chop the broccoli, including the stem, coarsley. When a few minutes of the cooking time for the artichokes remain, add the broccoli to the boiling water and cook for a few minutes more.
- Drain the water from the pot and add the butter, salt and pepper.
- Mix the purée using an immersion blender and serve with the roast.
You could also add herbs to the purée! Right before blending you could add fresh parsley or dill.