High-protein sausage with sauerkraut and yellow mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter
- 8 oz. 230 g smoked sausage (>90% meat)
- ½ cup 120 ml sauerkraut
- 2 tsp 2 tsp yellow mustard
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cut the sausages in half lengthwise so they will cook faster. Heat up a frying pan with butter and place sausages in pan once the butter has melted. Alternatively, you can grill them for a couple of minutes on both sides. Fry or grill until browned.
- Serve together with sauerkraut and mustard. Garnish with parsley for a splash of color.
If you would like to add some more fat to this dish it goes perfectly with mayonnaise. Why not mix it with some tomato paste for a nice ketchup vibe.