Keto Caprese chicken
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 8 oz. (2 cups) 230 g (475 ml) fresh mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) Roma tomato, slicedRoma tomatoes, sliced
- ¼ cup (1⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (11 g) fresh basil, cut into long, thin strips
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 4 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 110 g (850 ml) baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Drizzle the olive oil over the chicken breasts on both sides. Combine the seasonings in a small bowl and then sprinkle over both sides of the chicken breasts. Refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Heat a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the chicken breasts on both sides, about 3 minutes each side.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven and top each chicken breast with fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. Return to the oven for 3 minutes.
- Top each chicken breast with fresh basil and drizzle with balsamic vinegar before serving. Serve with baby spinach.
Recommended special equipment
Large oven-proof skillet