Chicken and mushrooms with tomato cream sauce
- 4 4 boneless, skinless chicken breastboneless, skinless chicken breasts
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 3 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 6 6 cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 125 ml finely grated parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup 175 ml fresh, diced tomatofresh, diced tomatoes
- fresh basil, for garnish
- Season the chicken breasts generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Pan-sear the chicken breasts until they are golden brown and caramelized on both sides, about 4 to 5 minutes on each side. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm.
- To the same pan, add the butter, garlic, and mushrooms, reduce the heat to medium-low, and saute until the garlic is fragrant and the mushrooms have released their liquid.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan and diced tomatoes to the pan. Mix in and let simmer to thicken, about 10 minutes.
- Add the chicken back to the pan and cook until it is heated through and fully cooked. Taste, and add more salt and pepper, if desired.
- Plate and top with fresh basil.
This is a full meal all on its own, but it is also really good served with shirataki noodles, zucchini noodles, or even cauliflower rice.