Flying Jacob casserole
If you love chicken, curry, and a little bit of heat, you’ll love this dish! Simplicity at its finest, this is a twist on a Swedish classic that really satisfies.
- 1½ lbs 650 g cooked chicken breast
- 9 oz. (32⁄3 cups) 260 g (900 ml) mushrooms
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 8 oz. 230 g diced bacon
- 2 cups 475 ml heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup 120 ml sugar-free mild chili sauce
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp curry powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1 medium unripe bananamedium unripe bananas
- 2½ oz. 70 g salted peanuts
- 6 oz. (52⁄3 cups) 170 g (1.3 liters) baby spinach
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomatotomatoes
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Chop the mushrooms into smaller pieces, and fry in butter with the bacon. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- If you bought a rotisserie chicken, debone the chicken and cut it into bite-sized pieces.
- Place the pieces in a greased baking dish with the bacon and mushrooms. Peel and slice the banana, add to the bacon mixture.
- Whisk the heavy whipping cream until soft peaks form. Add chili sauce, curry, and salt and pepper to taste. Spread over the chicken.
- Bake in the oven for 20–25 minutes until the dish has turned a nice color. Sprinkle a handful of chopped peanuts on top and serve together with a salad.
You get about 1.5 lb (700 g) chicken meat from one average rotisserie chicken.
The banana adds about 2 g of net carbs per serving. Exclude for a stricter meal.
There is NO curry and NO mushrooms in this dish.
Also there is really no need to whip the cream, it can be made simply in a skillet.
Its faster If you use rotisery chicken, the ratio of heinz chilisause and only heinz to cream is most important.
Equal parts cream and chilisause and then ad cayene for a kick.
The peanuts go in with everything else in the oven and the bananas needs to be in large chunks for best results.
Standard food safety recommends eating leftovers like this within 3-4 days. All of our recipes have the ability to select the number of servings you wish to make. To make a smaller batch, use the drop down menu above the list of ingredients.
The recipe has 11g total carbs, and shows 3gm fibre (greyed out), so yes, 8gm net carbs.
Withouth the banana, this would be 8gm total carbs or 5gm net carbs.
You may be using 8gm net carbs as your starting point ?
And i forgot to buy mushrooms so i winged it with a layer of raw grated cauliflower (perfect sauce absorber), a layer of raw fine sliced red onion & a layer of raw sliced cauliflower and then followed the recipe.
Turned out very good, tasted as i remember it from schooldays.
Will be repeated.
Banana is the 9th ingredient on the list. I hope this helps!
I sub coconut cream for the heaving whipping cream but even with the latter it’s still to high
This is one of our moderate low carb recipes, so it would not be a good fit for keto.
The listed nutritional information is per serving, and we also list net carbs. The default number of servings is 6, so if you're following the recipe as listed, it would be 10 net carbs per serving.
It does seem a bit odd at first! So glad you both enjoyed it!
This recipe can be frozen. Just a heads up that creamy/cheesy sauces may "break" a little when being reheated but it won't affect the taste.
For the default recipe for 6 servings, a 9 x 13 pan will work best.
The banana is distributed among 6 servings which keeps carbs low per serving.
The shopping list that adds from recipes and meal plans is a member benefit with Diet Doctor Plus.
It's basically a hot sauce, so you can use your favorite sugar-free version.