Low-carb cauliflower rice
Missing rice in your life? The legit low-carb substitute is right here. Cauliflower rice is fantastic paired with Asian dishes, and makes a terrific stand-in for couscous or pasta. It's neutral. It's finely textured. It's even white if you omit the spices. Dead ringer.
- 25 oz. 750 g cauliflower
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- 3 oz. 90 g butter or coconut oil
- Using a grater or grater attachment on a food processor, shred the entire cauliflower head.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a skillet. Add the cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the riced cauliflower has softened a bit.
- Add salt and the optional turmeric while frying.
- You can also cook the grated cauliflower in the microwave. Put it in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave it for 5-6 minutes. Mix in the butter or coconut oil and let it melt.