Low-carb cauliflower rice
- 1½ lbs 650 g cauliflower
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric (optional)
- 3 oz. 75 g butter or coconut oil
- Using a grater or grater attachment on a food processor, shred the entire cauliflower head.
- Melt butter or coconut oil in a skillet. Add the cauliflower and cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the riced cauliflower has softened a bit.
- Add salt and the optional turmeric while frying.
You can also cook the grated cauliflower in the microwave. Put it in a glass bowl, cover with plastic wrap, and microwave it for 5-6 minutes. Mix in the butter or coconut oil and let it melt.
You can make the cauliflower rice 'au natural'—simply omit the turmeric. Or, spice it up with a different, favorite spice instead. Why not try an herb salt, curry or paprika powder? Tasty!
Riced cauliflower can be found in many stores! To reduce prep time, look for it in the fresh produce, or in the frozen food section.