Bold. A bit spicy. Homemade deliciousness in a jar. Yes, it’s Tex-Mex seasoning of which we speak! This amazing mixture has just the right amount of kick... and contains zero sugar and artificial flavorings. Who’s ready for Taco Tuesday?
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons paprika powder
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon sea salt (optional)
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and stir until thoroughly blended. Pour into a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you use whole seeds, grind in a grinder either in advance or when cooking.
- Keep the spices in a dark, dry and cool/room temperature place. Small tin cans are great.
- Make a big batch to last for 4–6 months; after this the spices will lose some flavor and color. They won't go bad, but will just be less powerful.
We used dried garlic flakes, but you can also use garlic powder. Adding salt, or not, to your spice mix is a matter of choice. Try it with our keto taco shells!