Pumpkin is magical. And pumpkin pie... it truly means that autumn is upon us. Here, 5 amazing flavors unite to make a wonderful pumpkin pie spice. So warm and inviting, just like home.
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground nutmeg
- 2 tsp 2 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp 1 tsp ground allspice
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix the spices well and put in a jar with a tight-fitting lid.
- If you have whole spices on hand you can grind them using a spice or coffee grinder.
- Remember that the spices should be kept in a dark, dry and cool place. You can use small tin containers for storage.
- Make a large batch of seasoning for use within the next 4–6 months. After this time, the spices may lose some heat, flavor and color. They will still be safe to use, but perhaps not as flavorful.
Make a large batch of seasoning for use within the next 4–6 months. After this time, the spices may lose some heat, flavor and color. They will still be safe to use, just perhaps not as flavorful.
I also from the same recipe made crapes. I recommend trying it
Herbs and spices can be surprisingly high carb. In this case, the 11g is for the whole batch, not the smaller amount you may use in a recipe.
I must pay more attention to that as I use herbs and spices freely! (Having said that, I have lost 1 stone and 8lbs in 13 weeks.... so maybe I was blissfully ignorant!?)