Roasted cauliflower mash
Every buttery, nutty spoonful of this low carb side is better than the last. Treat your taste buds to the silky, smooth texture. So easy to prepare. And it goes with just about any main course. 3 words: Best. Mash. Ever.
- 2 lbs 900 g cauliflower, florets
- 10 oz. 280 g butter
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Trim the cauliflower and divide into smaller florets. Place in a large baking dish.
- Slice the butter thinly and cover the florets. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Turn the florets and baste in butter. Roast for another 15 minutes or until the cauliflower has turned slightly golden.
- Remove and pour into a pan. Let boil for 15 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Blend with an immersion blender. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve as a side dish to fish, meat, or poultry.
No, no water. The cauliflower is boiled in the melted butter. Roasting it beforehand gives it a lovely nutty flavor. Good luck!
Step 4: pour the contents in a utensil and fry it in the butter. Add more if you like.
The taste is awesome.
I am so glad you like this one!
I've asked the recipe team to review the steps to this recipe. "Nice color" for roasted cauliflower is golden brown.
There's a pretty wide range of cut piece size that will work for this dish. Roughly bite size or larger would likely work the best.