Keto cauliflower soup with crispy pancetta
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, cut into small florets, divided
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 7 oz. 200 g pancetta, diced or bacon
- 3 oz. 85 g pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder or smoked chili powder
- 4 cups 950 ml chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 7 oz. (4⁄5 cup) 200 g (210 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (120 ml) unsalted butter
- ¾ tsp ¾ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- Chop a handful of the cauliflower florets, into ¼ inch (0.5 cm) pieces.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the chopped cauliflower pieces and pancetta. Sauté for about 8-10 minutes or until the pancetta becomes crispy. During the last few minutes, stir in the pecans and paprika. Set aside.
- Add the broth and the rest of the cauliflower florets to a medium-sized pot. Cover and bring to a boil for a couple of minutes over high heat.
- Reduce the temperature to medium, and add the cream cheese, mustard, butter, salt, and pepper. Using an immersion blender, combine the ingredients to the desired consistency; blending the mixture for a longer time will produce a creamier soup.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with the pancetta-pecan mixture.
Like variety? Then swap out the pecans for your favorite blend of nuts and seeds. And if you are running low on stock, no worries. Just replace it with lightly salted water.
Recommended special equipment
- Immersion blender