Keto cauliflower soup with crispy pancetta
- 4 cups 1 liter chicken broth or vegetable stock
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for frying
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 7 oz. 200 g pancetta or bacon, diced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder or smoked chili powder
- 3 oz. 75 g pecans
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into smaller florets. The smaller you cut them, the quicker the soup will be ready.
- Save a handful of fresh cauliflower and chop into tiny 1/4 inch bits.
- Sauté the finely chopped cauliflower (from step 2) and pancetta or bacon in butter until crispy. Add nuts and paprika powder towards the end. Set aside the mixture for serving.
- Meanwhile, boil the cauliflower florets in the stock until soft. Add cream cheese, mustard and butter.
- Mix the soup, using an immersion blender, to desired consistency. The longer you blend, the creamier the soup. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the soup in bowls, and top with the fried pancetta mixture.
Like variety? Then swap out the pecans for your favorite blend of nuts and seeds. And if you are running low on stock, no worries. Just replace it with lightly salted water.