Classic bacon and eggs
- 8 8 eggeggs
- 9 oz. 260 g bacon, in slices
- cherry tomatoes (optional)
- fresh thyme (optional)
- Fry the bacon in a pan on medium high heat until crispy. Put aside on a plate. Leave the rendered fat in the pan.
- Use the same pan to fry the eggs. Place it over medium heat and crack your eggs into the bacon grease. You can also crack them into a measuring cup and carefully pour into the pan to avoid splattering of hot grease.
- Cook the eggs any way you like them. For sunny side up — leave the eggs to fry on one side and cover the pan with a lid to make sure they get cooked on top. For eggs cooked over easy — flip the eggs over after a few minutes and cook for another minute. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half and fry them at the same time.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Get moreStart free trial
Is bacon keto?
If you’ve been asking —is bacon keto, we’re here to tell you, yes! Among other pork products, bacon is high in fat, making it the ideal candidate for a keto-friendly, low-carb breakfast. Make sure that the bacon you choose does not have added sugars or additives. Organic bacon is a good choice if you can find it.
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It's free and you can sign up at any time!