Low-carb mug bread
- 1 tsp 1 tsp butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp (8 g)
- ¾ tsp ¾ tsp (3.5 g) baking powder
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- ½ tsp ½ tsp (1.5 g) poppy seeds (optional)
- Grease a large mug or glass dish with a flat bottom with butter.
- Mix together all dry ingredients in the mug with a fork or spoon, including the optional poppy seeds. Crack in the egg and stir in the cream. Combine until smooth and make sure there are no lumps.
- Microwave on high (approximately 700 watts) for 2 minutes. Check if the bread is done in the middle – if not, microwave for another 15-30 seconds.
- Let cool and remove from the mug. Slice in half and toast — that's how you get the best texture and taste.
For best results, prepare each piece individually. If you don't want to measure the dry ingredients every time you bake, feel free to prepare your own baking mix ahead. Take 10 tablespoons (150 ml) almond flour, 10 tablespoons (150 ml) coconut flour, 1 teaspoon salt and 2 1⁄2 tablespoons baking powder. Then you have the dry mix ready for 10 pieces. Use 2 generous tablespoons for each piece of bread.
Storing the bread
Feel free to make several pieces once you get cooking. You can keep the raw loaves in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or you can even freeze the mixture. It will thaw in a few minutes at room temperature.
For additional flavor, season the bread with onion or garlic powder, plus herbs or spices like ground fennel and cumin. It's also lovely with poppy or sesame seeds. Use about 1⁄2 teaspoon of seasoning for each piece.
Do you know who's the original creator of this recipe? Let us know so we can give them the credit they deserve!