Mediterranean keto flatbread
A sturdy and versatile keto flatbread. Using olive oil gives this flatbread a taste that resembles pita bread, and the rosemary and cracked black pepper give it a distinct Mediterranean flavor.
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g) coconut flour
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml boiling water
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp black peppercornblack peppercorns
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried rosemary
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and cheese.
- Add the hot water last, stirring as it is added. Continue stirring until the psyllium fiber and coconut flour have absorbed all of the water.
- Flatten the dough onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Roll or press out the dough until it is thin and even. Be sure that it is a uniform thickness and less than 1/8 -inch (3mm) thick.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the dough.
- When browned, transfer to a cooling rack, peel away the parchment paper and allow the flatbread to cool. Use a pizza cutter to cut the flatbread into squares for sandwiches. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
The seasonings can be changed to suit your taste. The cheese can also be omitted to make this recipe dairy-free.
Maz. How do l get started.
How do l save this site?
From Maz Whiteley
I recommend that you read this:
AND it has no almond flour so I can afford to make it!
Thanks for a brilliant recipe - and I really appreciated having the video with the ever lovely Kristie demonstrating.
Thankyou love it
This recipe has not been tested in a dehydrator.
Do you mind sharing your recipe (using almond flour) ?
You should never bake on waxed paper as the wax melts and sticks to food. Use parchment paper instead.
added a little xanthan gum for texture, it works perfectly. I think you can leave out the xanthan gum and still will be ok.
So glad you enjoyed it! You might enjoy this recipe for keto biscuits and gravy! https://www.dietdoctor.com/recipes/biscuits-and-gravy
We do usually include the Celsius temperature. I have asked the recipe team to add that to this as well.
Greetings from germany
caraway seeds (mmmm...), 1/2 Tbsp
fennel seeds, 1/2 Tbsp
flaxseed, 1/2 Tbsp
black sesame seeds, 1/2 Tbsp
herbes-de-Provence, 1/2 Tbsp
za'atar, 1/2 Tbsp
ground marijuana (indica), 1 generous Tbsp
Never disappoints when you need a savory keto fix! THANK YOU!!!
Great ideas for adjusting the flavor to fit with any cuisine!
Hi, Val! Sorry to hear this. Was your water boiling hot? Not having it hot enough may be the issue.
That could certainly be the issue! I would try to follow to recipe exactly next time. Hope it works out for you!
The flatbread would freeze well!