Mediterranean keto flatbread
A sturdy and versatile keto flatbread. Using olive oil gives this flatbread a taste that resembles pita bread, and the rosemary and cracked black pepper give it a distinct Mediterranean flavor.
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml boiling water
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp black peppercornblack peppercorns
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried rosemary
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and cheese.
- Add the hot water last, stirring as it is added. Continue stirring until the psyllium fiber and coconut flour have absorbed all of the water.
- Flatten the dough onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Roll or press out the dough until it is thin and even. Be sure that it is a uniform thickness and less than 1/8 -inch (3mm) thick.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the dough.
- When browned, transfer to a cooling rack, peel away the parchment paper and allow the flatbread to cool. Use a pizza cutter to cut the flatbread into squares for sandwiches. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.