A sturdy and versatile keto flatbread. Using olive oil gives this flatbread a taste that resembles pita bread, and the rosemary and cracked black pepper give it a distinct Mediterranean flavor.
- ½ cup 125 ml coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml olive oil
- 1 cup 225 ml boiling water
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml grated parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ¼ teaspoon granulated garlic
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon black peppercornblack peppercorns
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon dried rosemary
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and cheese.
- Add the hot water last, stirring as it is added. Continue stirring until the psyllium fiber and coconut flour have absorbed all of the water.
- Flatten the dough onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Roll or press out the dough until it is thin and even. Be sure that it is a uniform thickness and less than ⅛-inch thick.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 to 25 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the dough.
- When browned, transfer to a cooling rack, peel away the parchment paper and allow the flatbread to cool. Use a pizza cutter to cut the flatbread into squares for sandwiches. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.