Mediterranean keto flatbread
- ½ cup (12⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (50 g)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ground psyllium husk powder
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- 1 cup 240 ml boiling water
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese or mozzarella cheese
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp granulated garlic
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp black peppercornblack peppercorns
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried rosemary
- Whisk the dry ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Add olive oil and cheese.
- Add the hot water last, stirring as it is added. Continue stirring until the psyllium fiber and coconut flour have absorbed all of the water.
- Flatten the dough onto parchment paper on a baking sheet. Roll or press out the dough until it is thin and even. Be sure that it is a uniform thickness and less than 1/8 -inch (3mm) thick.
- Bake at 350°F (180°C) for 20 to 25 minutes. Baking time will depend on the thickness of the dough.
- When browned, transfer to a cooling rack, peel away the parchment paper and allow the flatbread to cool. Use a pizza cutter to cut the flatbread into squares for sandwiches. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.
The seasonings can be changed to suit your taste. The cheese can also be omitted to make this recipe dairy-free.