Keto biscuits and gravy
- 1 tsp 1 tsp coconut oil spray
- 4 4 egg whiteegg whites
- 1 tsp 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp garlic powder or other seasoning of your liking (optional)
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) almond flour
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp very cold butter or coconut oil
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp sea salt
- 10 oz. 280 g crumbled fresh sausage, preferably pork
- 4 oz. (½ cup) 110 g (110 ml) cream cheese or
- 1 cup 240 ml or chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a cookie sheet or muffin pan with coconut oil spray.
- Beat the egg whites until very fluffy and firm.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix the baking powder and garlic powder into the almond flour.
- Cut in COLD butter and salt (if the butter isn’t chilled, the biscuits won't be flakey). Gently fold in the dry mixture into the egg whites.
- Spoon a dollop of the dough onto the cookie sheet (or muffin tin) and bake for 11-15 minutes.
- Cook sausage in a large skillet over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring frequently.
- Gradually add cream cheese and broth; cook until mixture comes to a soft simmer and thickens, stirring constantly until smooth.
- Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Split biscuits in half. Place 2 halves on each of plates; top with about ⅓ cup gravy.
Love cheese? Then sprinkle grated cheddar or parmesan on top of the dough before you pop the biscuits in the oven for a (good kind of) cheesy variation!