Broccoli and cauliflower gratin with sausage
- 1 1 leekleeks
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli, in florets
- ½ lb 225 g cauliflower, in florets
- 1 lb 450 g sausage in links, precooked linkssausages in links, precooked links
- 2 oz. 50 g butter, for frying
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup 225 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 5 oz. 150 g shredded cheese
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp fresh thyme or dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Coarsely chop the leek and onion. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets into ~1” chunks. Slice the sausage links into 1” pieces.
- Fry onion and vegetables in butter in one pan and the sausage in a separate pan.
- Put the vegetables in a 9x12 baking dish, blend the mustard with the sour cream and pour over the vegetables.
- Add the sausage and cheese on top and season with thyme.
- Bake in oven on upper rack for 15 minutes.
You can use raw sausage links in this recipe. If so, allow extra cooking time and cook through before slicing into pieces.