Broccoli and cauliflower gratin with sausage
- 1 (3 oz.) 1 (90 g) leekleeks
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 1 lb (5 cups) 450 g (1.2 liters) broccoli, in florets
- ½ lb 220 g cauliflower, in florets
- 1 lb 450 g sausage in links, precookedsausages in links, precooked
- 2 oz. 55 g butter, for frying
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 cup 240 ml or
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) cheddar cheese shredded
- 2 tsp 2 tsp fresh thyme or dried thyme
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Coarsely chop the leek and onion. Chop the broccoli and cauliflower florets into 1” (2.5cm) chunks. Slice the sausage links into 1” (2.5cm) pieces.
- Fry onion, vegetables, and sausages in butter in a pan.
- Put the vegetables and sausage in a 9x12 baking dish, blend the mustard with the sour cream and pour over the vegetables and sausage.
- Add cheese on top and season with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Bake in the oven on the upper rack for 15 minutes.
You can use raw sausages in this recipe. If so, add the sausages whole to the pan in advance of the vegetables and cook through. Slice the sausages into pieces post-cooking (while cooking the vegetable) for best results.