Easy protein noodle low-carb lasagna
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ ½ yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- ¾ lb 325 g fresh italian sausage
- ¾ lb 325 g ground beef
- 24 oz. 700 g unsweetened marinara sauce
- 16 oz. 450 g ricotta cheese
- 1 1 eggeggs
- ½ tsp ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ lb 225 g sliced deli chicken breast
- ¾ lb 325 g mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 4 oz. 110 g parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425°F (225°C).
- Warm the olive oil in a Dutch oven, over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic, cooking until slightly tender and fragrant.
- Add the sausage and ground beef, cooking until the meat is browned. Stir in marinara sauce, and simmer over medium low heat.
- In a mixing bowl, combine ricotta cheese with egg and salt.
- To assemble, spread half of the meat sauce in the bottom of a 9×13 inch (20x30cm) baking dish. Follow with layers of chicken breast slices, ricotta mixture, mozzarella-cheese slices and parmesan.
- Repeat the layers until you have used up all the ingredients, finishing with a final layer of mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil. To prevent sticking, either spray foil with cooking spray, or make sure the foil does not touch the cheese. Bake for 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 25 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before serving.
Make a double batch and pop one in the freezer. When you are ready for an easy weeknight meal, just pop the frozen lasagna in the oven before you leave for work. Set your oven to fire-up (~300°F) about an hour before you get home. What a relaxing and super tasty end to the day!