Keto cheeseburger salad
- 1½ lbs 650 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp sesame seeds, toasted (optional)
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 oz. (92⁄3 tbsp) 85 g (140 ml) pickle, finely choppedpickles, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 oz. (3 cups) 110 g (700 ml) lettuce, cut into smaller lettuce leafs
- ½ (2 oz.) ½ (55 g) red onion, slicedred onions, sliced
- 2 (8 oz.) 2 (230 g) tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 2 (9½ oz.) 2 (270 g) whole pickle, each cut in half width-wise, and then sliced into 4 spears, per picklewhole pickles, each cut in half width-wise, and then sliced into 4 spears, per pickle
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
Seasoned ground beef
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
- Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper, and garlic powder to the pan. Using a spatula, blend and crumble the beef with the seasonings, frying until browned and cooked through about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients, and set aside.
- Prepare each serving by layering each serving dish: Start with lettuce, add the tomatoes, top with the beef, cheese, red onion, and pickles. Finish, by drizzling the dressing on top.
You may need to drain the ground beef before adding it to the salad depending on the fat content and your personal preference.
Add a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds just before serving for a surprisingly pleasant nutty flavor reminiscent of a toasted sesame seed bun.
If you have leftovers, store the salad and veggies separately from the meat and the dressing. Then you warm the beef and toss the salad all together just before you're ready to eat.
We recommend eating to hunger. Start with one serving, and see it that satisfies you. The nutritional information listed is per serving, so if you need to eat more than one serving, you'll want to take that into consideration.
So glad you enjoyed it!
The nutrition information listed is per serving.
These are included in the salad recipe. Any additional (more than what the recipe calls for) would not be included in the macros.
Ground chicken would work well here as well.
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how well this works for you!
You can definitely adjust the salt to your liking. So glad your whole family loved it!
Awesome! So glad you love it!
If this is any indication of the recipes here in.... I’m going to have to preview and adjust. Why not steak? Too lean? The dressing felt like way too much. Maybe more vinegar or pickles? Maybe specify the pickle (I used claussen)? It may be these high fat type meaIs are something I need to get used to but between the cream cheese and avocado at lunch and the burger, cheese, and mayo dressing at dinner I want something to cut it all... higher hopes for the garam masala.
Thank you for your comments Hope! When developing our recipes and meal plans we try and balance budget and taste/characteristics of the protein we use. Ground beef is a much lower price point than a steak.
That would be an excellent addition!
A pickle is a cucumber that has been pickled in a brine, vinegar, or other solution and left to ferment for a period of time.
Avocado could work as an addition to this plate. Just keep in mind the amount of carbs and fat you're adding.
You could try sour cream or greek yogurt but I am not sure they would be as good in this recipe as in some others.
So glad you love it! Great idea to have cooked meat ready to go!
Love the addition of jalapeno! So glad you enjoyed it!
So glad you love it!
Awesome! This is one of our favorites, too!
Thanks for a recipe that can be used over and over.
So glad you love it!