Keto cheeseburger salad
- 24 oz. 700 g ground beef or ground turkey
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- toasted sesame seeds for serving (optional)
- 1 cup 225 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 3 oz. 75 g pickle, finely choppedpickles, finely chopped
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 4 oz. 110 g lettuce, cut into smaller lettuce leafs
- 2 oz. 50 g red onion, slicedred onions, sliced
- 9 oz. 250 g tomato, slicedtomatoes, sliced
- 2 2 whole pickle, each cut in half width-wise, and then sliced into 4 spears, per picklewhole pickles, each cut in half width-wise, and then sliced into 4 spears, per pickle
- 8 oz. 225 g cheddar cheese, shredded
Seasoned ground beef
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the ground beef, salt, black pepper and garlic powder to the pan. Using a spatula, blend and crumble the beef with the seasonings, frying until browned and cooked through, about 15 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine all of the dressing ingredients, and set aside.
- Prepare each serving by layering each serving dish: Start with lettuce, add the tomatoes, top with the beef, cheese, red onion, and pickles. Finish, by drizzling the dressing on top.
You may need to drain the ground beef before adding it to the salad depending on the fat content and your personal preference.
Add a sprinkle of toasted sesame seeds just before serving for a surprisingly pleasant nutty flavor reminiscent of a toasted sesame seed bun.
If you have leftovers, store the salad and veggies separately from the meat and the dressing. Then you warm the beef and toss the salad all together just before you're ready to eat.