Keto chicken BLT salad
Bacon, lettuce and tomato. A classic combination — but why stop there? Make it keto by adding lettuce, some tender pieces of chicken and a dollop of creamy aioli. Now we're talking!
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 8 oz. 230 g bacon
- 1 oz. 28 g butter (optional)
- 1 lb 450 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 10 oz. (6 cups) 280 g (1.4 liters) Romaine lettuce
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes, in halves
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fry the bacon slices in butter (if using) until crispy. Remove and keep warm. Save the grease in the pan.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and then cut each thigh into thirds. Fry in the same skillet as the bacon until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Rinse and chop the lettuce; be sure to use a clean cutting board and knife (different from the one used when handling the raw chicken).
- Place the lettuce on a plate and top with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, and garlic mayo.
For a shortcut, substitute shredded rotisserie chicken. The bacon fat can be used to make a tasty bacon vinaigrette for the salad — just add a little vinegar, salt, and pepper!
Oh, I use Mcchciken Mayo, it has 0 carbs and no sugar!!
You can use a garlic clove.
You can add as little or as much as you'd like to suit your taste preferences. Think about 1/4 cup.
I did have sore kidneys for about 3 weeks, getting better now. side effects of Keto? not sure.
I'm not going to stay with Keto if the kidneys keep being sore.
Standard recipe convention always lists meat weights uncooked.
I will check with the Recipes team. Thanks for posting!
Nutrition information is listed per serving. There are 4 servings in the recipe using 1 lb of chicken.
The powder works well for making the garlic mayo, but you can certainly use a clove of garlic instead if you prefer.
Will this switch affect anything nutrition wise?
You can use breasts instead of thighs if you prefer. This will raise the protein amount and lower the fat.
So glad you love it!