- 1 lb 450 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 oz. 30 g butter
- ½ lb 225 g bacon
- 4 oz. 110 g cherry tomatoes
- 10 oz. 275 g Romaine lettuce
- salt and pepper
- ¾ cup 175 ml mayonnaise
- ½ tablespoon ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- Mix mayonnaise and garlic powder in a small bowl and set aside.
- Fry the bacon slices in butter until crispy. Remove and keep warm. Save the grease in the pan.
- Shred the chicken and season with salt and pepper. Fry in the same skillet as the bacon until golden brown and thoroughly cooked.
- Rinse and shred the lettuce; be sure to use a clean cutting board and knife (different from the one used when handling the raw chicken). Place the lettuce on a plate and top with chicken, bacon, tomatoes, and a hearty dollop of garlic mayonnaise.
For a shortcut, sub in shredded rotisserie chicken. Then the bacon fat can be used to make a yummy bacon vinaigrette for the salad. (Just add a little vinegar and salt and pepper!)
Get started challenge
This recipe and the ones below are examples of the delicious meals you have on our Get started challenge. We provide a meal plan and all the knowledge and support you need to make low carb simple. It’s free and you can sign up at any time!