- 1½ lbs 700 g chicken thighs or chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 oz. 50 g butter, for frying
- 3 oz. 75 g red pesto or green pesto
- 1½ cups 350 ml heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons 120 ml pitted olives
- 8 oz. 225 g feta cheese, diced
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g leafy greens
- 4 tablespoons 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken thighs or chicken breats into bite-sized pieces. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add butter to a large skillet and fry the chicken pieces, in batches, on medium high heat until golden brown.
- Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl.
- Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish together with olives, feta cheese and garlic. Add the pesto.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, until the dish turns bubbly and light brown around the edges.
A simple side dish of field greens or crunchy romaine complements the rich flavors. Or, lightly sautéed asparagus or green beans work, too.
This casserole can be frozen. Let thaw in the refrigerator a day before you plan on serving it. Don’t place a cold baking dish straight from the fridge into a hot oven, as this can cause your dish to crack. Reheat the casserole in the oven at 300°F (150°C) until thoroughly warm.