Low-carb chicken parmesan
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 4 oz. 110 g parmesan cheese, shredded
- ¼ cup 60 ml fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb 450 g crushed tomatoes
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ lb 225 g mozzarella, mini cheese balls
- 3 oz. 75 g baby spinach
- Preheat the oven to 430°F (225°C).
- Put the chicken breast fillets on a cutting board covered with aluminium foil or parchment paper. Slice the fillets lengthwise in two thinner pieces. Cover with foil or parchment paper and pound with a meat mallet to make them even thinner. Salt and pepper.
- In a deep bowl or plate, whisk together eggs, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper and salt. In another deep bowl, combine parmesan cheese and parsley. Dip the chicken in the parmesan, then the egg mixture, then the parmesan again.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan and fry until the fillets get a nice color, approximately 2 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Fry the garlic in the same pan and add the crushed tomatoes. Sprinkle with oregano, salt and pepper. Let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Pour the sauce into a baking dish. Add the chicken on top and top with small pieces of fresh mozzarella. Bake for 10-15 minutes in the oven or until the cheese has melted completely.
- Serve with baby spinach.