Salmon with olive-pistachio tapenade and tomatoes
- 3 oz. 85 g green olives, pitted and finely chopped
- 2 oz. (71⁄3 tbsp) 55 g (110 ml) pistachio nuts, shelled and finely chopped
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp pepper
- 14 oz. 400 g cherry tomatoes, with stems
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ½ cup (1⁄6 oz.) 120 ml (4.5 g) fresh dill, chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Transfer the chopped olives and pistachios to a small bowl. Add a splash of olive oil, salt, and pepper and stir to combine.
- Put the fish in a baking dish. Spread the olive mixture around and between the fillets.
- Put the tomatoes in a separate baking dish. Sprinkle with some oil and season with salt, pepper and thyme.
- Bake the fish and tomatoes for 15 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, opaque in the center, and flakes easily with a fork. The tomatoes will be soft and slightly wilted.
- Top the salmon with fresh dill and serve.
This dish is perfect for guests or a large family - double or triple the servings to meet your needs. You can prepare everything in advance and when people arrive just pop it in the oven.