Salmon with olive-pistachio tapenade and tomatoes
A foolproof trio loaded with flavor: moist and flavorful salmon dressed up with a juicy olive and crunchy pistachio tapenade. This simple, but elegant, dish can be whatever you want it to be: a perfect easy meal for busy weeknights or a festive main course for your starving guests.
- ½ cup 125 ml green olives, pitted
- 1⁄3 cup 75 ml pistachio nuts, shelled
- 15 oz. 400 g salmon fillets
- 10 oz. 275 g cherry tomatoes with stems
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried thyme
- ¼ cup 60 ml fresh dill, chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Chop the olives and pistachios finely and transfer to a small bowl. Add a splash of olive oil and stir to combine.
- Put the fish in a baking dish. Spread the olive mixture around and between the fillets.
- Put the tomatoes in a separate baking dish. Season with salt, pepper and thyme, and sprinkle with olive oil.
- Bake the fish and tomatoes for 15 minutes until the fish is opaque in the center.
- Top the salmon with a little dill and serve.
This dish is even more beautiful if you make it for guests—just double or triple the recipe. You can prepare everything in advance and when people arrive you just have to put it in the oven.