Spicy shrimp salad
- ¼ cup 60 ml light olive oil, or avocado oil
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp minced, fresh ginger
- ½ ½ lime, juicelimes, juice
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp tamari soy sauce
- ½ ½ garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil, for frying
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressedgarlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp 2 tsp chili powder
- 10 oz. 280 g fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp chopped,
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp chopped hazelnuts or salted peanuts (optional)
- Add the Ginger dressing ingredients to a small bowl. Using an immersion blender, mix together over low speed, until combined. Set aside.
- Slice the avocado in half, and remove the pit. Using a spoon, scoop out the avocado flesh, and cut it into slices. Place in a small bowl, and stir together with the lime juice.
- Arrange the spinach, avocado, and cucumber slices on a serving platter, or large plate. Season with the sea salt, and set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized pan, over medium heat. Stir in the garlic and chili powder. Add the shrimp, stir to combine, and fry for 3 - 5 minutes per side, depending upon the size of the shrimp (Pre-cooked shrimp should only be heated for 1 - 2 minutes per side). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Use a slotted spoon to place the shrimp, with some of the spicy sauce, on top of the vegetables. For serving, sprinkle the nuts and cilantro on top, drizzled with the ginger dressing.