Keto chicken Tonnato
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- 4 oz. 110 g tuna in olive oil
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- ¼ cup 60 ml chopped fresh basil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried parsley
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp lemon juice
- ½ cup 125 ml mayonnaise
- ¼ cup 60 ml olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1½ lbs 650 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 7 oz. 200 g leafy greens
- Mix all the ingredients for the sauce with an immersion blender or in a food processor. Reserve the tonnato sauce in order to let the flavors develop.
- Put the chicken breasts in a pot with just enough lightly salted water to cover it. (If you’re using precooked chicken then skip this step.) Bring the water to a boil and discard the foam appearing on the surface.
- Let simmer on medium heat for about 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked through. If you’re using a meat thermometer, it should say 165°F (75°C) when done.
- Allow the chicken breasts to rest for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Place leafy greens on serving plates and place sliced chicken on top. Pour the sauce over the chicken and serve with extra capers and a wedge of fresh lemon.
If you use a can of tuna in good quality olive oil, you can use the entire content of the can in your sauce and you probably won’t need to add any additional oil.
You can also use precooked turkey in place of the chicken.