Keto Caesar salad
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ ½ lemon, zest and juicelemons, zest and juice
- ¼ cup (2⁄3 oz.) 60 ml (20 g) grated shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp finely chopped filets of anchovies
- 1 1 garlic clove, pressed or finely choppedgarlic cloves, pressed or finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 12 oz. 350 g chicken breast, bone-in with skinchicken breasts, bone-in with skin
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 oz. 85 g bacon
- 7 oz. (41⁄3 cups) 200 g (1 liter) Romaine lettuce, chopped
- ½ cup (11⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (40 g) shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing with a whisk or an immersion blender. Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Place the chicken breasts in a greased baking dish.
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and drizzle olive oil or melted butter on top. Bake the chicken in the oven for about 20 minutes or until fully cooked through. You can also cook the chicken on the stove top if you prefer.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Place lettuce as a base on two plates. Top with sliced chicken and the crispy, crumbled bacon.
- Finish with a generous dollop of dressing and a good grating of parmesan cheese.
This recipe works great with chicken leftovers or with a store-bought rotisserie chicken as well. To warm up cold left-over sliced chicken, fry it in a bit of butter for a tasty, warm addition.
If you miss croutons and aren't in a hurry, check out our recipe for low-carb parmesan croutons.
MAKES ABOUT 3/4 CUP
1/2 cup Mayonnaise
1 ounces Parmigiano-Reggiano, finely grated (about 1/2cup)
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 anchovy fillets
2 medium cloves garlic, minced or grated on a Microplane (about 2 teaspoons)
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Combine the mayonnaise, cheese, Worcestershire, anchovies, and garlic in the bowl of a food processor and process until homogeneous, about 15 seconds, scraping down the sides once or twice during processing as necessary. Using a rubber spatula, transfer the mixture to a medium bowl. Whisking constantly, slowly drizzle in the olive oil. Whisk in water a teaspoon at a time until the dressing is just thin enough to flow slowly off a spoon. Season to taste with salt and pepper. The dressing will keep in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
MAKES 1 CUP DRESSING
1-1/2 TB fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. grated lemon zest
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic, minced
(optional: add 1 tsp. anchovy paste—but since Worcestershire has anchovy in it, the paste probably isn't needed—I didn't use it)
1 cup Mayonnaise
1/2 cup. fresh grated Parmesan
Dressing will keep a week.
We all loved this salad and dressing. In addition to chicken and crumbled bacon, I also included sliced boiled egg, tomato wedges and avocado wedges.
Family LOVED this, so I'm putting this on frequent meal rotation! This one needs to be included in the BACON section!
I used a little more chicken breast. I cooked the chicken breast in the oven and afterwards as it did not turn out nice and golden I fried it in some butter. The juices of the chicken from the oven I added to my dressing.
I did change the dressing to my liking. Added a whole lemon juice and some raw apple cider vinegar. I also added whole can of anchovies as I did not want to throw it away. You do not taste the anchovies at all after blending it all together.
I ended up with enough for 4 servings! Very filling and not super greasy.
Is a definite keeper, so simple to prepare, I even used my own homemade mayo for it :D
Choose 1 serving (left side below picture)
As for the post before me on April 4--the anchovies are the reason for the extreme saltiness.
Ounces are always by weight unless the recipe specifies fluid ounces.
Which macro were you concerned about? The fat is from the dressing and the bacon and the protein is from the bacon, cheese and chicken.
I'm sorry, I do not have a good suggestion for a substitute for the mayonnaise in this dressing.
You can omit it or use beef/turkey bacon.
The dressing should keep in the fridge for up to 5 days.
It's perfectly fine to add more fat as needed for satiety.
Here are some ideas for you!
Yes!! No skipping the anchovies. :)
I have a lot of Caesar salad dressing recipes and this has turned out to be my favourite. So Yummy!
I don't like anchovies, so instead I added 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce and 2 Tablespoons capers for the double recipe. This recipe was amazing and very satisfying.
Sounds great! Smart to make extra dressing for later!