Keto chopped hoagie bowl
- 8 oz. 230 g roast turkey breast, chopped or deli turkey
- 8 oz. 230 g Genoa salami, chopped
- 8 oz. 230 g smoked deli ham, chopped
- 8 oz. (1¾ cups) 230 g (425 ml) provolone cheese, chopped (optional)
- 4 oz. (1 cup) 110 g (230 ml) mild cheddar cheese, chopped
- 4 oz. (3 cups) 110 g (700 ml) lettuce, shredded
- 5 oz. (¾ cup) 140 g (180 ml) grape tomatogrape tomatoes
- 7 oz. 200 g cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 oz. 85 g pickled banana peppers, chopped rings
- ¼ (1 oz.) ¼ (28 g) red onion, finely dicedred onions, finely diced
- ¾ cup 180 ml mayonnaise
- ¼ cup 60 ml red wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried basil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- Place all the bowl ingredients in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the meats, cheeses and vegetables, and stir or toss to combine.
Use grape tomatoes rather than chopped tomatoes in this recipe so that the dish stays fresher longer and so that those who don’t enjoy tomatoes can easily avoid them.
You can also wait to add the lettuce until just before serving so that it stays crisp.
If you want to lower the carb count, you can skip the tomatoes altogether, but don’t skip the cucumber, peppers, or red onions. Along with the sauce, those ingredients give the bowl just the right punch of flavor and texture.
You can click the Nutrition + tab underneath the recipe. This shows net carbs 3 and fiber 1, so this is 4g total carbs.
That is going to vary based on the total volume of your ingredients, which can vary from kitchen to kitchen. The recipe as written makes 8 servings.
I'm so glad you loved it! This is a family favorite at my house.
That's great! So glad your whole family loves it!
This is also a great recipe for travel and camping.
Sounds great! Love the tex-mex idea!