Keto chopped hoagie bowl
- 8 oz. 225 g roast turkey, chopped
- 8 oz. 225 g Genoa salami, chopped
- 8 oz. 225 g smoked deli ham, chopped
- 8 oz. 225 g provolone cheese, chopped (optional)
- 4 oz. 110 g mild cheddar cheese, chopped
- 3½ oz. 100 g lettuce, shredded
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g grape tomatogrape tomatoes
- 7 oz. 200 g cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3 oz. 75 g pickled banana peppers, chopped rings
- ¼ ¼ red onion, finely dicedred onions, finely diced
- Place all the bowl ingredients in a large serving bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together all the sauce ingredients.
- Pour the sauce over the meats, cheeses and vegetables, and stir or toss to combine.
Use grape tomatoes rather than chopped tomatoes in this recipe so that the dish stays fresher longer and so that those who don’t enjoy tomatoes can easily avoid them.
You can also wait to add the lettuce until just before serving so that it stays crisp.
If you want to lower the carb count, you can skip the tomatoes altogether, but don’t skip the cucumber, peppers, or red onions. Along with the sauce, those ingredients give the bowl just the right punch of flavor and texture.