Cauliflower chicken alfredo
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g butter or olive oil
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g bacon, diced
- 20 oz. 600 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 4 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 7 oz. 200 g fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups 475 ml sour cream or heavy whipping cream
- 25 oz. 700 g cauliflower
- 3½ oz. 100 g grated parmesan cheese
- Fry the bacon until crispy and cooked through. Drain, and set aside in a bowl or on a plate.
- Save the fat and sauté chicken and garlic in the same frying pan. Set aside when the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Sauté the spinach until it shrinks, but no more. Set aside.
- Add sour cream to the pan and let boil for a few minutes. Add parmesan cheese, bacon, chicken and spinach. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower the heat and let simmer while parboiling the cauliflower.
- Divide the cauliflower into small florets, no bigger than walnuts. You can use either fresh or frozen.
- Parboil the cauliflower in lightly salted water for a few minutes. Let drain thoroughly. Add the chicken and sauce. Stir and serve.
Orange or purple cauliflower would be gorgeous in this recipe!