Lisa’s chicken skillet with mushrooms and parmesan
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp avocado oil or olive oil
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- salt and pepper
- 8 oz. 225 g baby bella mushrooms, sliced
- 4 4 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1½ cups 350 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 oz. 50 g parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp 1 tsp fresh parsley
- Over medium heat, in a large skillet, warm the avocado oil. Season the chicken thighs with salt and pepper. Fry in the skillet, until browned or cooked through; remove chicken to a plate with a slotted spoon, reserving juices in the pan.
- Add garlic to the frying pan and stir-fry until soft; add mushrooms and sauté until softened, for about 5-7 minutes.
- On low heat, add heavy cream, stirring well. Allow to simmer for about 10 minutes stirring often. Stir in parmesan cheese until melted. Add additional salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken back into skillet and coat with sauce. Serve garnished with parsley.
Serve with a fresh side salad or steamed low carb vegetables like broccoli, spinach, or asparagus.
While chicken thighs are flavorful and satiating because of their higher fat content, feel free to make the dish with chicken breasts (preferably skin on) or chicken drumsticks, or a mix of both. You can also substitute pork chops or slices of pork tenderloin.