Keto chicken Provençale
Minimal work, maximum pay-off. This crispy roast chicken smells amazing while in the oven and never disappoints once served up on your plate. Perfect as the main course at your next dinner party, or perfect for a simple Monday night at home with the kids. You decide.
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken legchicken legs
- 8 oz. 230 g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2½ oz. (½ cup) 70 g (130 ml) black or Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 5 5 garlic clove, slicedgarlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried oregano or dried sage
- salt and pepper
- 4 cups (5 oz.) 950 ml (140 g) lettuce
- ¼ ¼ lemon, the zestlemons, the zest
- ½ cup 120 ml mayonnaise
- 1 tsp 1 tsp paprika powder
- salt and pepper
This recipe has been added to the shopping list.
Making low carb simple
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Place the chicken skin side up in an oven-proof baking dish. Add garlic, olives, and tomatoes on top of and around the meat.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle with oregano and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and roast until the chicken is fully cooked through. It should take about 45 minutes, depending on the size of the pieces. If you feel unsure, check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer. The chicken is cooked through when the temperature reaches 180°F (75°C).
- Serve with salad and mayo flavored with lemon zest and paprika or a mild chili and some salt and pepper.
If you prefer to use canned tomatoes, that works well, too. And the garlic is optional... feel free to omit or substitute chopped shallots or sliced onion.
You can leave the skin on.
Thank you for sharing your tips, Joyce! I also like to finish dishes under the broiler for extra crispness.