A wonderful Thai classic made low carb. Very popular with kids because of the sweetness from the peanuts.
- 1½ lbs 700 g chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon coriander seed
- 3 tablespoons 3 tablespoons coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon salt
- 14 oz. 400 g coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely choppedred chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml tamari soy sauce
- 8 tablespoons 8 tablespoons peanut butter
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl or a plastic bag.
- Mix ginger, turmeric, coriander and oil in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and let marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, mix the ingredients to the satay sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer on low heat for 5–10 minutes until the sauce is of desired consistency. Pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a wok pan or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken. Salt and lower the heat to medium and fry a few more minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. You can also tread the chicken pieces on a skewer and grill in the oven or barbecue them.
- Serve the sauce and chicken with crushed peanuts. Boiled broccoli will go well with this dish.