Thai chicken with satay sauce and broccoli
- 1½ lbs 650 g boneless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1 tsp 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coconut oil
- salt if needed
- 1¾ cups 425 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp red curry paste, minced
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
- 1⁄3 cup 80 ml peanut butter
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp salted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp , chopped (optional)
- ½ ½ red chili pepper, slicedred chili peppers, sliced (optional)
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl or a plastic bag.
- Add the ginger, garlic, turmeric, lime, and tamari. Let marinate for 10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, mix the ingredients to the satay sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer on low heat for 5–10 minutes until the sauce is of desired consistency. Season to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a wok pan or a large frying pan on medium-high heat with coconut oil. Add the garlic and fry the chicken and broccoli until the chicken is thoroughly cooked.
- Serve the sauce, chicken, and broccoli. Top it with some crushed peanuts and fresh cilantro for some extra crunch and flavor.
You can also tread the chicken pieces on a skewer and grill in the oven or barbecue them.