Chicken with satay sauce
- 25 oz. 700 g chicken thighs
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tsp 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp coriander seed
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp coconut oil or olive oil
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- 14 oz. 400 g coconut cream or coconut milk
- 1 1 red chili pepper, deseeded and finely choppedred chili peppers, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 1 garlic clove, finely choppedgarlic cloves, finely chopped
- ¼ cup 60 ml tamari soy sauce
- 8 tbsp 8 tbsp peanut butter
- Cut the chicken into bite-size pieces and place in a bowl or a plastic bag.
- Mix ginger, turmeric, coriander and oil in a small bowl. Pour over the chicken and let marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- While the chicken is marinating, mix the ingredients to the satay sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Let simmer on low heat for 5–10 minutes until the sauce is of desired consistency. Pepper to taste and keep warm.
- Heat a wok pan or a large frying pan and sauté the chicken. Salt and lower the heat to medium and fry a few more minutes until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. You can also tread the chicken pieces on a skewer and grill in the oven or barbecue them.
- Serve the sauce and chicken with crushed peanuts. Boiled broccoli will go well with this dish.