Low-carb chicken Alfredo
Parmesan. Cream. Bacon. These three ingredients are just the beginning of the extraordinary flavors in this dish. This is creamy and cheesy low-carb decadence at its finest!
- 30 oz. 900 g chicken breastchicken breasts
- 10 oz. 300 g fried bacon
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 40 tsp 200 ml whole milk
- 40 tsp 200 ml parmesan cheese
- 4 4 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp green pesto
- salt and ground black pepper
- 8 8 mushrooms
- 1 1 red bell pepperred bell peppers
- butter, for frying
- Set the oven to 300°F (150°C). Start with the pasta: Whisk the eggs until fluffy, add liquids and olive oil.
- Mix together the dry ingredients and whisk into the egg batter. Let sit for 7–8 minutes. Stir.
- Spread the batter onto two sheets of parchment paper. Place plastic wrap on top and roll out towards the edges of the papers. Try to spread evenly and thinly.
- Remove the plastic foil before baking. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let cool and remove the top paper and roll up from the short side. Then cut into strips with a sharp knife.
- Turn the oven temperature up to 400°F (200°C).
- Clean the chicken breasts and split lengthwise so that you get twice as many filets. Add salt and pepper and fry in butter over medium heat until the fillets turn golden. Place the chicken on a baking pan and bake about 10 minutes, or until chicken registers 165 degrees.
- Fry the bacon until crisp. Shred the parmesan cheese. Bring the cream and milk to a boil, stir in finely chopped garlic and pesto and season with salt and pepper.
- Fry the sliced peppers and mushrooms in butter, and season with salt and pepper. Mix the pasta with the vegetables, and pour the sauce on top. Only mix enough so that everything holds together, the rest of the sauce is served on the side. Spread the chicken on top of everything together with a couple of bacon strips and perhaps a little more parmesan cheese!