Keto chicken Alfredo pasta
- 4 4 eggeggs
- 6 6 egg yolkegg yolks
- ¾ cup 175 ml water
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ cup 125 ml (75 g) ground psyllium husk powder
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp (25 g)
- 1½ tsp 1½ tsp salt
- 8 oz. 225 g bacon
- 2 lbs 900 g chicken breast (without skin)chicken breasts (without skin)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for frying
- 5 oz. 150 g mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 1 , thinly sliced, thinly sliced
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- ¾ cup 175 ml whole milk
- 3 oz. 75 g parmesan cheese, shredded
- 4 4 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp green pesto
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Set the oven to 300°F (150°C). Start with the pasta: Whisk the eggs and egg yolks until fluffy, add water and olive oil.
- Mix together with the dry ingredients and whisk into the egg batter. Let sit for 7-8 minutes. Stir.
- Spread the batter onto two sheets of parchment paper. Place plastic wrap on top and roll out towards the edges of the papers. Try to spread evenly and thinly.
- Remove the plastic foil before baking. Bake for about 10 minutes. Let it cool, then roll the pasta into a log and cut into thin strips with a sharp knife.
- Fry the bacon until crisp in a large dry frying pan on high heat. Set the bacon aside.
- Cut the chicken breasts lengthwise so that you get twice as many filets. Season with salt and pepper and fry in butter in the same frying pan over medium heat until the fillets turn golden or until chicken registers 165°F (72°C).
- Fry the peppers and mushrooms in the same frying pan for a couple of minutes until softened, and season with salt and pepper.
- Bring the cream and milk to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan. Stir in parmesan, garlic, and pesto, and season with salt and pepper. Let it simmer until creamy.
- Mix the pasta with the vegetables in the pan, and pour the sauce on top. Toss until the creamy sauce covers all the pasta and vegetables.
- Divide the pasta mix onto plates. Top with the chicken and a couple of bacon strips and perhaps a little more parmesan cheese before serving.
About the author
We invited popular Swedish cookbook author and blogger Åse Falkman Fredrikson to share some of her great low-carb high-fat recipes. She is a nutritional counselor and runs the Swedish top blog 56kilo.se that inspires thousands of people to a better health and a happier life.