Butter-fried green cabbage
- 25 oz. 700 g shredded green cabbage
- 3 oz. 75 g butter
- salt and pepper
- Shred the cabbage using a food processor, mandolin slicer or a sharp knife.
- Place a large skillet over medium heat. Add butter.
- Add the cabbage and sauté for at least 15 minutes, stirring from time to time, until the cabbage is wilted and golden brown around the edges.
- Lower the heat a little towards the end. Salt and pepper to taste.
Change up your butter-fried cabbage by adding one or two teaspoons of curry, cumin, a favorite herb, or even a pinch of saffron. Chili – both dried and fresh – is another nice choice, depending on what you are in the mood for and have on hand. Or, try it sautéed in herb butter... check out our fabulous herb butter recipe!
If you love green cabbage – raw or fried – consider shredding an entire head, or half of it, at once. Shred in a food processor, and store in a plastic bag or a container with lid in the fridge. It will keep for many days. You can also use red cabbage or pointed cabbage. Have fun!