Hey... wait. There's broccoli in my cauliflower? Yes. Experience this creative combo that delivers low-carb deliciousness like no other. You won’t be disappointed!
- 1¾ lbs 800 g cauliflower
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli, frozen or fresh
- 7 oz. 200 g cream cheese
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups 475 ml shredded cheese
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- 2 teaspoons 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Set the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Boil the broccoli until it is fork tender.
- When done, strain and discard the water. Add cream cheese, heavy whipping cream, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Puree with a hand blender until smooth.
- Grease a baking dish with butter and place the rest of the butter in pieces in the baking dish.
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and add to the baking dish.
- Pour the broccoli cream sauce over the florets and top with shredded cheese. Bake in oven for 40 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender and the top is golden brown.
If you’re vegetarian, enjoy this dish with a couple of eggs—it’s totally satisfying!