Jill’s cheese-crusted keto omelet
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp butter or coconut oil (optional)
- 3 oz. (¾ cup) 85 g (180 ml) shredded cheese
- 2 2 mushrooms, sliced
- 2 (1¼ oz.) 2 (35 g) cherry tomatoes, sliced
- ½ cup (½ oz.) 120 ml (15 g) baby spinach
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- 1 oz. 28 g deli turkey
- 1 tsp 1 tsp dried oregano
- Whisk together eggs and cream in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the butter over medium heat in a non-stick frying pan. Spread out the cheese in an even layer in the pan, so it covers the entire bottom. Fry on medium heat until bubbly.
- Carefully pour the egg mixture over the cheese and lower the heat. Cook for a few minutes without stirring.
- Fill one half with mushrooms, tomatoes, baby spinach, cream cheese, turkey and oregano. Fry for a few minutes more.
- When the egg mixture starts to set (it can still be quite loose on top, but not too loose), turn the empty half over the topping side, forming a crescent. Fry for a few more minutes and enjoy!
There are an infinite number of ways to vary the filling. Here are a few suggestions: mozzarella and pesto taco mince and avocado smoked salmon, cream cheese and baby spinach tuna, mayonnaise and scallions