Scrambled eggs with basil and butter
- 2 2 eggeggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp coconut cream or coconut milk or sour cream
- 1 oz. 30 g butter
- shredded cheese (optional)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Melt butter in a pan on low heat.
- Add cracked eggs, cream and salt to a small bowl. Give it a light whisk and add to the pan.
- Stir with a spatula from the edge towards the center until the eggs are scrambled. I like it soft and creamy, not with a crisp surface, which means stirring often on lower heat. You can remove the pan from the heat when you add the mixture; this is usually enough heat to cook creamy soft-shambled eggs.
You can also make the scrambled eggs in a hot water bath. This will make it super creamy. I did this when my daughter was young in order to avoid frying.
I always have my scrambled eggs with about 1–1½ oz (30–50 g) butter, a lot of fresh herbs, and ideally a few pieces of low-carb sesame crispbread. Enjoy!
This is a LCHF breakfast idea from Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.