Scrambled eggs with basil and butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 2 2 large egglarge eggs
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp heavy whipping cream
- salt and ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup (11⁄3 oz.) 80 ml (38 g) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh basil
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat.
- Add eggs, cream, shredded cheese, and seasoning to a small bowl. Give it a light whisk and add to the pan.
- Stir with a spatula from the edge towards the center until the eggs are scrambled. If you prefer it soft and creamy, stir on lower heat until your preferred consistency is reached.
- Top with fresh basil.
Have your scrambled eggs with about 1–1½ oz (30–50 g) butter, a lot of fresh herbs, and ideally a few pieces of low carb sesame crispbread. Enjoy!
This is a LCHF breakfast idea from Fanny Lindkvist, who runs a popular Swedish blog and the Instagram account LessCarbs.
I like to add dried basil to my eggs, tho sometimes I use oregano. If the latter, I serve it with salsa.
Eggs is number one on my list
Beef lamb fish or chicken are available most places.
Safe fats are butter
Even coconut oil can be adulterated so butter is safer in my opinion and experience
Beef tallow is as or more available in places like China
It's a sesame-seed crispbread:
/ Inger Swanberg
Team Diet Doctor
It's optional, so you can use as little or as much as you like. Generally around 1/4 cup will work.
Recipe says cream, cheese, no cream cheese mentioned.
Good catch :)
That would be fine!
Thank you for sharing your tips and I am glad this was a winner!