Low-carb pavlova with fresh berries
- 3 3 egg whiteegg whites
- ½ cup (32⁄3 oz.) 120 ml (110 g) erythritol
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp white vinegar 5%
- ½ tsp ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 pinch 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup 240 ml
- 5 oz. (1¼ cups) 140 g (270 ml) fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400º F (200º C).
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- When the egg whites are ready, add the erythritol little by little and keep beating until well combined. Add the vinegar, vanilla, and salt. Mix well.
- Using a piping bag full of the meringue mixture, or a spoon, carefully form the meringue bases on top of the parchment paper.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and switch the oven off.
- Leave the meringues inside the oven until the oven cools down and the meringue bases become firm and dry. You can even leave them in the oven overnight. Set the meringues aside until it's time to assemble the pavlovas.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fill the meringue bases with the whipped cream and decorate with raspberries.
You can also prepare these pavlovas with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, or any combination of low-carb berries that you wish. Check out our berries guide here and prepare this dessert with your favorite mix!
Feel free to sprinkle chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds on the meringue before putting them in the oven for a festive, nutty adornment.