Low-carb pavlova with fresh berries
- 3 3 egg whiteegg whites
- ½ cup 125 ml (100 g) erythritol
- 1 cup 225 ml heavy whipping cream
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g fresh raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400º F (200º C).
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Whisk the egg whites until they form stiff peaks.
- When the egg whites are ready, add the erythritol little by little and keep beating until well combined.
- Using a piping bag full of the meringue mixture, or using a spoon, carefully form the meringue bases on top of the parchment paper.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and switch the oven off.
- Leave the meringues inside the oven until it cools down and the meringue bases become firm and dry. Set the meringues aside until it's time to assemble the pavlovas.
- Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks.
- Fill the meringue bases with the whipped cream and decorate with the raspberries.
You can also prepare these pavlovas with strawberries, blueberries, blackberries or any combination of these. Check out our berries guide here and prepare this dessert with your favorite mix!
Feel free to sprinkle chopped pecans, walnuts or almonds on the meringue before putting in the oven for a festive, nutty adornment.