- yellow onionyellow onions
- garlic clovegarlic cloves
- fresh chives, finely chopped
- heavy whipping cream or coconut milk
- shredded cheese
- ground black pepper
Nutrition80% Fat12% Protein8% Carbs
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Peel the onion and turnip. Slice both very thinly – ideally with a mandolin or food processor.
- Finely chop the chives and/or the garlic. Alternate with slices of onion and turnip in a greased baking dish, but save some of the cheese to go on top. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add cream or coconut milk (discard most of the excess coconut liquid) and put the cheese on top. Bake for about 30 minutes.
Serve with steak of your choice, season to taste. Or try it with our lamb chops and herb butter.
Suggested main courses
This dish can be made dairy free if you substitute the cream with coconut milk and skip the cheese.