- 2 lbs 900 g green cabbage
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 3 oz. 90 g butter
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 51⁄3 tablespoons 80 ml sour cream or crème fraîche
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon ranch seasoning
- ½ teaspoon ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon 1 teaspoon salt
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g shredded cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred onion, garlic and green cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. The quickest way is to use a food processor.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauté the vegetables until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add cream, sour cream, cream cheese and spices. Stir thoroughly and let simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Add to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has turned a golden color.
These rich flavors pair beautifully with grilled – or fried – meat and fish. Whip up a double batch, and freeze the extra in small containers for a quick side dish any night of the week. Save even more time by using pre-shredded coleslaw – just avoid mixes with carrots if you can.