Low-carb cabbage casserole
- 2 lbs 900 g
- 1 (4 oz.) 1 (110 g)
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 4 oz. 110 g butter
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- ½ cup 120 ml
- 6 oz. (¾ cup) 170 g (180 ml) cream cheese
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp ranch seasoning
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- 1½ cups (6 oz.) 350 ml (170 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Shred onion, garlic and green cabbage using a sharp knife or a mandolin slicer. The quickest way is to use a food processor.
- Heat a large frying pan and add the butter. Sauté the vegetables until softened, about 8-10 minutes. Add cream, sour cream, cream cheese and spices. Stir thoroughly and let simmer for another 5–10 minutes.
- Add to a greased baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and bake for 20 minutes or until the cheese is melted and has turned a golden color.
These rich flavors pair beautifully with grilled - or fried - meat and fish. Whip up a double batch, and freeze the extra in small containers for a quick side dish any night of the week. Save even more time by using pre-shredded coleslaw – just avoid mixes with carrots if you can.