Keto seafood chowder
- 4 tbsp 4 tbsp butter
- 2 2 garlic clove, mincedgarlic cloves, minced
- 5 oz. 150 g (350 ml) celery stalk, slicedcelery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup 225 ml clam juice
- 1½ cups 350 ml
- 2 tsp 2 tsp dried sage or dried thyme
- ½ ½ lemon, juice and zestlemons, juice and zest
- 4 oz. 110 g cream cheese
- 1 lb 450 g salmon, boneless fillet or other firm fish, pin bones removed, fillets cut into 1" piecessalmon, boneless fillets or other firm fish, pin bones removed, fillets cut into 1" pieces
- 2 oz. 50 g (400 ml) baby spinach
- 8 oz. 225 g shrimp peeled and deveined
- salt and ground black pepper
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp red chili pepperred chili peppers
- fresh sage, optional for garnish
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add garlic and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add clam juice, cream, cream cheese, sage, lemon juice and lemon zest. Let it simmer for about 10 minutes without lid.
- Add the fish and shrimp. Simmer for 3 minutes or until fish is just cooked (should flake easily). Add the baby spinach and stir until wilted.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh red chili and fresh sage before serving for extra flavor and splash of color.
As an optional addition, consider adding crushed, dried chili flakes as a garnish on the soup. These add a lovely hot zest to an already delicious soup.