Keto fried salmon with broccoli and cheese
- 1 lb (5 cups) 450 g (1.2 liters) broccoli
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) 240 ml (110 g) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, boneless filletsalmon, boneless fillets
- 1 1 limelimes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C), preferably using the broiler setting.
- Cut the broccoli into smaller florets and let simmer in lightly salted water for a couple of minutes. Make sure the broccoli maintains its chewy texture and delicate color.
- Drain the broccoli and discard the boiling water. Set aside, uncovered, for a minute or two to allow the steam to evaporate.
- Place the drained broccoli in a well-greased baking dish. Add butter and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the broccoli and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the cheese turns a golden color.
- In the meantime, season the salmon with salt and pepper, and fry in plenty of butter, a few minutes on each side. The lime can be fried in the same pan or be served raw. This step can also be made on an outdoor grill.
You can substitute the broccoli for other vegetables such as Brussels sprouts, green beans or asparagus with little to no change to the amount of carbs in the dish. If you want to use another kind of fish we primarily recommend other fatty fishes such as trout or mackerel but you can also go with white fish if you prefer. If you don't like cheddar you can use a mix of different cheeses. Half mozzarella and half parmesan will be just as good!