Low-carb Indian butter chicken
- 12⁄3 lbs 750 g boneless chicken thighs
- 1 1 tomatotomatoes
- 1 1 yellow onionyellow onions
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 2 garlic clovegarlic cloves
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp garam masala seasoning
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp dried coriander (cilantro) leaves
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- 3 oz. 75 g butter or ghee
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp coriander seed
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
- ½ cup 125 ml fresh cilantro (optional)
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream (optional)
- Cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
- Into a food processor, add tomato, onion, ginger, peeled and chopped garlic, tomato paste and spices. Blend until smooth. Add the cream and mix for a couple of seconds.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least 20 minutes, but preferably more, in the refrigerator.
- Place a large frying pan over medium high heat and add a third of the butter. Add the chicken in the pan and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the chicken and add the rest of the butter. Let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and drizzle with a splash of cream.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Trim the cauliflower and cut into small slices.
- Spread them out on a baking tray, sprinkle over seasoning and butter. Bake for 15 minutes in the oven.