Keto Indian butter chicken
- 1 1 tomato, choppedtomatoes, chopped
- 1 1 yellow onion, choppedyellow onions, chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh ginger
- 2 2 garlic clove, choppedgarlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp garam masala seasoning
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp chili powder
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¾ cup 175 ml heavy whipping cream
- 2 lbs 900 g boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 oz. 75 g butter or ghee
- ½ cup 125 ml fresh cilantro, for serving (optional)
- ¼ cup 60 ml heavy whipping cream, for serving (optional)
- 1 lb 450 g cauliflower, chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ½ tsp ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tbsp ½ tbsp coriander seed
- ½ tsp ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 oz. 50 g butter
Indian butter chicken
- Add tomato, onion, ginger, garlic, tomato paste and spices in a food processor. Mix until smooth. Add the cream and mix for a couple of seconds.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture for at least 20 minutes, but preferably more, in the refrigerator.
- Heat a third of the butter over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. Remove the chicken from the marinade (reserve the marinade), and fry in the butter for 5 minutes.
- Pour the marinade over the chicken and add the rest of the butter. Let simmer over medium heat for 15 minutes or until the chicken is fully cooked. Salt to taste.
- Garnish with fresh cilantro and drizzle with a splash of cream.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Spread the cauliflower out into an even layer in a large sheet pan.
- Season with the spices and butter. Bake for 15 minutes.
If you have time, you can marinate the chicken the day before you're actually cooking it. The chicken will be incredibly soft and it's going to taste even more heavenly!
This stew is excellent to make in a slow cooker. Place fried chicken in the cooker and add the marinade and butter. Cook for 4–6 hours on low temperature. Season with salt.
On the grill
You can also grill the chicken instead of frying it. Then thread the marinated chicken cubes onto skewers and grill on medium heat, turning occasionally, for about 15 minutes, or until the chicken is done.
Put the marinade together with the butter in a frying pan and let simmer for about 15 minutes. Serve the sauce with the grilled chicken and cauliflower.