Oven-baked salmon with root vegetables, green beans and hollandaise
- 1½ lbs 650 g salmon, filets
- 12 oz. 350 g carrot, peeled and cut into 1/8" slicescarrots, peeled and cut into 1/8" slices
- 12 oz. 350 g parsnip, peeled and cut into 1/8" slicesparsnips, peeled and cut into 1/8" slices
- 10 oz. 275 g , trimmed
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 1 eggeggs
- 10 tbsp 10 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp lemon juice
- salt to taste
- 1 1 lemon, slicedlemons, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (185°C).
- Put the salmon in portion sized pieces in a large baking dish or on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Combine the carrots, parsnips, green beans and olive oil in a medium-sized bowl, mixing well. Season with salt and pepper. Then spread the vegetable mixture around the salmon or place in a separate baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes or until the root vegetables are tender.
5 minute hollandaise sauce
- Crack the egg into a high and narrow mixing bowl or large measuring cup or beaker.
- Melt the butter in a pourable container, either in the microwave or on the stovetop.
- Blending the egg with an immersion blender, slowly pour a thin stream of melted butter into the container. When the lowest layer turns white and creamy, bring the blender up to the next layer. The hollandaise is ready when it's thick and fluffy.
- Add the lemon juice and add salt to taste.
- Serve the salmon with the creamy hollandaise sauce and vegetables. Garnish with a slice of lemon for some extra flavor and color.