Creamy keto fish casserole
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter, for greasing baking dish
- 3 tbsp 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli, small florets
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 4 oz. (1¼ cups) 110 g (260 ml) , finely chopped, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers (non-pareils)
- 1½ lbs 650 g (see tip), cut into serving-sized pieces
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 oz. 85 g butter, cut into thin, equal slices
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Grease a 13" x 9" (33 x 23 cm) baking dish, set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan, over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli, and stir-fry for 5 minutes, or until lightly browned and tender. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the scallions and capers, stir together, and fry for a couple of minutes. Spoon the broccoli mixture into the baking dish.
- Place the fish amongst the vegetables.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the parsley, whipping cream, and mustard. Pour over the fish and vegetables. Top with the sliced butter.
- Bake on the middle rack, uncovered, for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve as is, or with leafy greens on the side.
There are many white fishes to choose from. Here are a few that we recommend; Cod, Haddock, Monkfish, halibut, and Sea bass.
If there’s a broccoli-hater coming to dinner, sub in Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, or mushrooms. Use your imagination and this all-in-one dinner will never get boring.