Creamy keto fish casserole
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb 450 g broccoli, small florets
- 4 oz. (1¼ cups) 110 g (260 ml)
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- 1 oz. 28 g butter, for greasing the casserole dish
- 1½ lbs 650 g , in serving-sized pieces (see tip)
- 1¼ cups 300 ml
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 oz. 85 g butter
- 5 oz. (2½ cups) 140 g (600 ml) leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the broccoli, including the stem. Peel with a sharp knife or potato peeler if the stem is rough.
- Fry broccoli in oil on medium-high for 5 minutes, until golden and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add scallions, finely chopped, and the capers. Fry for another 1-2 minutes and place the vegetables in a greased baking dish.
- Nestle the fish in amongst the vegetables.
- Mix parsley, whipping cream, and mustard. Pour over the fish and vegetables. Top with slices of butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork. Serve as is, or with a luscious green salad.
There are many white fishes. Before making this recipe, choose your fish. Here are a couple; Cod, Haddock, Monkfish, and Sea bass.
If there’s a broccoli-hater coming to dinner, sub in Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini, or mushrooms. Use your imagination and this all-in-one dinner will never get boring.