Creamy keto fish casserole
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz. 450 g broccoli
- 6 6 scallionscallions
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp small capers
- 1⁄6 oz. 30 g butter, for greasing the casserole dish
- 25 oz. 700 g white fish, in serving-sized pieces
- 1¼ cups 300 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp dried parsley
- 3 oz. 90 g butter
- 51⁄3 oz. 150 g leafy greens
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Divide the broccoli into small florets, including the stem. Peel with a sharp knife or potato peeler if the stem is rough.
- Fry broccoli in oil on medium high for 5 minutes, until golden and soft. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add scallions, finely chopped, and the capers. Fry for another 1-2 minutes and place the vegetables in a greased baking dish.
- Nestle the fish in amongst the vegetables.
- Mix parsley, whipping cream and mustard. Pour over the fish and vegetables. Top with slices of butter.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until the fish is cooked through, and flakes easily with a fork. Serve as is, or with a luscious green salad.
Mix things up a little bit! Salmon and tuna (fresh or frozen) make awesome substitutes for the white fish. Or, if there’s a broccoli-hater coming to dinner, sub in Brussels sprouts, asparagus, zucchini or mushrooms. Use your imagination and this all-in-one dinner will never get boring.