Keto seared salmon with creamy lemon sauce
- ½ cup 125 ml vegetable stock
- 2⁄3 cup 150 ml heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp fresh chives, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp 2 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ½ ½ lemon, the juice
- 1 tsp 1 tsp xanthan gum, divided (optional)
- ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb 450 g salmon (approx. 0.5 lb / 200 g fillets)
- 1 tbsp 1 tbsp butter
- 1 lb 450 g fresh spinach
- salt and pepper
- Place the vegetable stock into a saucepan and bring to a boil. Boil for a few minutes until the stock reduces slightly.
- Add the cream, herbs and lemon juice and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle half of the xanthan gum over the surface and whisk to combine. Cook for a minute to allow the gum to thicken. Add the second half of the xanthan gum if you want your sauce thicker. Keep sauce warm, stirring occasionally, while you cook the salmon.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan over high heat. Do not add butter or oil. Place the salmon in the pan, skin side up and press down firmly to sear the full surface and stop it curling up. Sear for 3-4 minutes and then flip and cook for 3-4 more minutes. You want your salmon to be crisp on the outside and still tender and pink inside. Keep warm.
- Sauté the spinach in butter until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
Store the salmon, wrapped or covered, in the refrigerator for up to four days.
Store the sauce in a jar in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat before using.