- 1½ lbs 700 g salmon, in pieces
- 1 tablespoon 1 tablespoon chili paste
- 1 cup 240 ml mayonnaise or sour cream
- 4 tablespoons 60 ml grated parmesan cheese
- 1 lb 450 g fresh spinach
- 2 oz. 50 g butter or olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Grease a baking dish with half of the butter or oil. Season the salmon with salt and pepper, and place in the baking dish, skin-side down.
- Mix mayonnaise, chili paste and parmesan cheese and spread on the salmon filets.
- Bake for 15–20 minutes, or until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily with a fork.
- Meanwhile, sauté the spinach in remaining butter until it’s wilted, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately with the oven-baked salmon.
It’s super simple to make this recipe dairy free! Just use mayo and skip the parmesan cheese. Craving a little variety? Play around with garnishes! A bit of freshly chopped cilantro or other herbs add yet another delicious layer of flavor!